Sunday, September 27, 2009

~Fall Is Finally Here~




Fall is finally here

This is my favorite time of year, I automatically feel happier when the weather starts to cool and change, ( I wish my hubby was here to share these joyful days  that fall has brought. His job requires him to travel often all over the country, but he'll be here for Thanksgiving). Now changing the subject a little bit before I start crying, it's an amazing 72 degrees here. I'm in Texas and we always look forward to the cool down. It's time to get the fall decor out ( which means Halloween for us) and time to start planning for all the holidays. I hope all the mommies out there are enjoying this cooler weather and enjoy  starting to get ready for all the fall/winter babies. I have a couple of plans on how I'm going to celebrate Fall with my kids, I'm going to have some more outdoors activities, like going to the park more often (the weather is promising), decorate our front porch and maybe some local festivals and the fair.




Yummy treats for the kiddos

The past few days it has been wonderful outside.I know that in many places,fall has already started.In this part of the country though,it takes a lot longer and when it comes,it is such a relief and welcomed.

As I sit here writing this,there is a nice cool wind and I can here the wind chimes blowing and making a soft,serene music.

The sky is overcast and it looks like rain but it just adds to the beauty of this time of year. I feel like cooking some beef stew and corn bread today, I also have burn one of my pumpkin pie candles in the kitchen and smell so yummy , I love them and I burn one on every single corner of the house. Celebrating fall with my fall
candle collection ; Harvest, Carrot Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Strudel and much more....






Get inspired by the world around you.....



The landmarks we encounter have a new frame of color as we travel through the changing season.
Today, on the Autumnal Equinox, we are struck by the duality between fall’s glowing colors and the melancholy of shorter days and colder weather. Either of the (seemingly variant) excerpts below may come to mind when visiting landmarks now cloaked in autumn’s changing color and light.





Candles and Pumpkins, endless possibilities.......

My house is a bit of a mess right now. I feel disorganized. Un-domestic. Flustered. So not like Martha. I am stuck somewhere between summer and back to school. But I am DETERMINED to get my FALL INSPIRATION going. I may not have freshly baked pumpkin muffins in the oven just yet, and sadly I don’t even have a fall wreath on my door, but I am gearing up for fall just the same. So glad you are here to join me!

Having a beautiful life and home is more about your attitude and state of mind than your state of perfection. I’m a dreamer but I am also a realist. Somehow, you just merge the two together and life can be wonderful. In your mind your home can smell like fall, look like fall, and feel like fall. In real life, well, we’ll get there.

To me, Fall is about nurturing.





Home is what you make it......

I may not have a home that would grace the cover of House Beautiful or Country Living (certainly today it wouldn’t, HA!), but if I can create a FEELING of fall in my home — the feeling that our home is a safe place to rest our heads, a place to be nurtured and nourished, and a warm place to sit by the fire when the storms of life blow, then I am happy and content.







Thank you for stopping by and read my post !, I hope you find these post useful and inspiring. Please leave your comments down below if you like it !








 

 










2 comments:

Elyse said...

hi michelle!

thank you for leaving me one of the sweetest comments ever. i so appreciated it!

your blog is lovely, too. i love the fall and here in RI it is just starting to get chilly, which i love! i love hearing the wind rush through the dry leaves!

you sound like one busy mommy with not much down time -- blogging is good for that. it's a nice little break whenever you can sneak it in!

happy fall
xo
elyse

Down Comforter said...

Hi, I follow your blog for a long time and must tell you that your posts always prove to be of a high value and quality for readers. Keep it up.